Comments in the case Ukraine v. Russia, No. 8019/16 were provided
Comments in the case Ukraine v. Russia, No. 8019/16, regarding human rights violations in the temporarily occupied territories of Donetsk and Luhansk regions were provided.
In support of Ukraine's position, a significant body of evidence was provided, including:
- detailed timeline of the RF aggression in the eastern regions of Ukraine in 2014 with the relevant evidence (including photo and video files);
- files, that prove the organization of pro-Russian rallies in the eastern regions of Ukraine in March-April 2014;
- evidence of hidden military buildup by the RF and transfer of units of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation to the territory of Ukraine;
- border territory shelling;
- illegal crossing of the state border of Ukraine by personnel and military equipment of the Russian Federation;
- evidence of the participation of regular units of the RF Armed Forces in the events in Donbass (photo and video files, weapons of Russian origin not used by the Ukrainian army);
- data on the logistical support of the activities of ‘DPR’/‘LPR’ by the RF;
- testimonies of eyewitnesses of the Russian aggression, testimonies of the persons captured, interrogated and tortured by representatives of the Russian special services (more than 80 witnesses);
- confirmation of economic, humanitarian and political support of the so-called ‘DPR’/‘LPR’ by the RF.